Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Things We Suffer in the Name of Birth Control


I've been breaking out worse than I ever have before in the last month or so. My chest and upper back are all spotty, and it's horrid cystic acne, not just mild breakouts. A little Googling let to the Mayo Clinic's website, and I found this lovely list of Mirena side effects.
Side effects associated with Mirena include:
  • Headache
  • Acne
  • Breast tenderness
  • Breakthrough bleeding
  • Absence of periods (amenorrhea), especially after one year of use
  • Mood changes
  • Weight gain
  • Ovarian cysts
  • Abdominal or pelvic pain

I can check off #2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9. Hm. So that sucks. I guess at least there's an explanation for the 5 pounds I gained, and the acne, and the depression.

But hey, I'm not pregnant, so that's good, right?

No comments: