Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yakety-yak!

As of the week he turned 1, J seems to be genuinely attempting to learn to talk. He still says "dou" (=dog) and Mamam the most, but on Friday I was giving him a hug goodbye, and I told him I had to go to work, and I loved him, and goodbye, and he looked up and me and literally yelled "BAAAIIII" while waving at the kitchen. I am not sure he knew who was leaving, me, him, or the kitchen, but he knew somebody was. It just melted my heart. Today, while C was giving J his afternoon bottle, clever little J said "Oto" for bottle. This is just crazy but so friggin cute!

In other news, J loves all his birthday toys. He went through a period where he was afraid of one of them, a Playskool Busy Ball Popper, that my MIL got him. He likes it now though! Anything that can go into something else has gone in and back out again, and J loves to take apart all the duplo creations C and I make.

In other other news, one of my sisters-in-law is pregnant!! Just not the one I thought. Yay for babies! So this means that I currently have 3 gestating neices and/or nephews. Wow.

No comments: