Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mmm, sputum.

One of the best things about biotech companies is the freebies they give out. I have gotten a free pink Nalgene bottle (love it, seriously), numerous free T-shirts (which will eventually get incorporated into a T-shirt quilt, one way or another...), oodles of magnets (my favorite is on my desk, it's a meerkat and says something about miRCAT miRNA stuff...), a box of kleenex, some stress squeezie things, a giant inflatable dinosaur (Neil, the Intelligent Designosaur, if you were wondering), candy, an insulated lunch bag, and two mugs. I am currently sipping some Gingerbread Celestial Seasonings tea (yes, left from Christmas, but it's very much like decaf chai in my opinion) out of my yellow VWR mug.

Why the yellow mug and not the black one?

Because I am currently hacking up yellow sputum. If I was hacking up black stuff I highly doubt I would be using my black mug, though, I'd much more likely be in the hospital trying to figure out why the hell I was hacking up black sputum.

Gross, yes, but whatever. Better than a headcold. I am wondering if you can catch bronchitis, as one of my coworkers has had that for about 2 weeks now, and it started out a lot like this did. C told me that I sound pretty terrible when he called to let me know he was on his way home from his second gig this weekend (yay for 2 gigs in a weekend!!). I do cough a lot. I'm sure J always wanted Mommy to read him his bedtime story in a genuine monster voice, right? Or maybe he thought I was trying to perfect my own zombie sheep impression, however inappropriate that may be for the Tawny Scrawny Lion.

I did discover some yummy organic honey and menthol throat drops. Mmm. I've also drank (drunk?) my way through a half gallon of OJ since yesterday afternoon, which was enough that the last glass made my throat burn a bit, so I will be taking a break from the OJ for a little bit. Ah well. This chest cold has also managed to mess up my cycle, since I got it right around when I should have ovulated but can't tell whether I had a temp shift as a result of ovulation or as a result of being sick/slight fever/not sleeping well. Blah. Back to my book about the sexy cavemen. That's C's description of the Earth's Children series, not mine.

No comments: