Monday, November 9, 2015

Thankful November


Once again, at midnight on Halloween, the Christmas bomb exploded. Once again, my heart aches for the sudden consumerism and insanity that grips the stores and apparently my fellow humans. What happened to being thankful and grateful for what we have rather than suddenly channeling our energy into living 2 months in the future and all the things we want? My kids are also affected, noticing that nobody seems grateful for what they have, and that nobody wants to celebrate fall anymore.

I'm trying to be thankful for my life and the things in it every day in November. Each day I will endeavor to post something I am thankful for, no matter how small, for every day in November. I realize it is now the 9th, so I will post 9 things today.

1. I am thankful that I have three wonderful and happy children, as different from each other as they could be but still happily joined in siblingdom.


2. I am thankful for my husband, who has stood with me and helped me through the shit that life occasionally throws at us.

3. I am thankful for 2015, as insane and emotionally difficult as it has been.

4. I am thankful for my friends.

5. I am thankful for this little mush and I am glad she's here.


6. I am thankful that I am employed.

7. I am thankful for my family, in its many permutations and forms.

8. I am thankful for podcasts.

9. I am thankful for FALL! It's still my favorite season and I love it so much.


No comments: