Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm a Grocery Guru!

Well, ok, maybe not exactly a guru, but I am pretty proud of my grocery shopping for the week. We have decided to take out $40 in cash each week for groceries, and when it's gone, it's gone. I did pretty darn well this week.


I got the following from the stores listed below:

Walgreens:
  • Cheerios, on sale for $1.99, with this coupon for $0.55 off, total after tax $1.46 (you need to have a Coupon Surfer login to get the coupon)

King Soopers (Colorado's Kroger affiliate):
  • Swiffer Wetjet pads refill (not on sale, contrary to what the ad indicated) $6.49, plus $0.50/1 coupon (from the Home Made Simple mailer) doubled to $1, total $5.49.
  • 4 Bartlett pears, $0.99/lb, total $1.69
  • 1 Crenshaw melon, $0.99/lb, total $4.79
  • 4lbs strawberries, $4.77/package
  • Wallaby Organic yogurt, $3.29/pint
  • Santa Cruz Limeade and Strawberry Lemonade, $2.89 each, BOGO plus $0.75/1 coupon doubled to $1, total $0.95 each!
  • Kroger Value sugar, on sale for $1.88 for a 4 lb bag
Sunflower Farmers Market:
  • 1 package chicken stir fry breast meat, on sale, $3.31 total
Sunflower was having a great sale on whole chickens, for $0.99/lb, but they were out. Boo!

Grand total spent = $29.05

I am feeling so very awesome right now. We have a ton of stuff in the freezer/fridge left from last week, so we didn't need very much, but still. I am very proud of myself. I have money left to ride the bus tomorrow and Wednesday now! Go me!

No comments: