Monday, January 11, 2010

The Fitness Diaries!!

I am so very proud of myself right now, so just bear with my attention whoring.

As you probably noticed, I want to lose weight. 22 pounds, to be exact. By July first at the latest. That's my goal. To do this, I've joined SparkPeople. This is a fantastic website that includes a calorie calculator, exercise plans, meal tracking, and community support. My calorie goal is to get between 1200-1550 per day, with 8+ glasses of water. I consistently have problems getting enough protein, but I've made all my goals and only went over 1550 twice (including the first day, when I hit almost 2000. Yikes. No wonder I gained so much weight). Anyway, I am trying to find ways to incorporate more protein but it doesn't seem to matter what I do. Even if I feel like I'm eating tons of protein I'm still short at the end of the day until I have some milk or eat some almonds or something. I have been trying to make better food choices but with J's leftover birthday cake that's been hard (however, the recipe calculator really helped me figure out how much I could eat without going nuts). C and I finished that cake yesterday though so I'm in the clear. Until my birthday. Which is in 2 1/2 weeks. When I'll be 27. Which means that I'm only 3 years from 30 and having to be a real adult. But I digress...

Where was I? Oh yeah. I weighed myself on Christmas day at my MIL's house, with her Weight-Watchers scale, so I assume it's accurate, and I came in at 142. With all my clothes on. Well, as of J's birthday, I weighed (on a medical quality scale, with all my clothes on) 139. So in 2 weeks, I lost 3 pounds. Not too shabby! I don't technically weigh in until this Thursday. I'm going to keep weighing myself in the evening just for consistency, although I did play with my new scale from Costco (Taylor brand, usually $24.99 but with the coupon it was only $14.99! Woot!) and I apparently lose 3 pounds at night. Hmm. I weigh about 138 nekkid, so I'll probably use that weight just because different clothes weigh different, but we'll have to see what Thursday brings.

On to my bragging about today!
1. I have imbibed 9 glasses of water today.
2. I took J and the dogs for a 30 minute walk which covered about 1.5 miles.
3. I did my entire core strength training workout, which about killed me, but I did it. Including 2 sets of 12 reps of modified pushups. I almost didn't finish the pushups but I kept telling myself that if fat people on The Biggest Loser can do it, so can I.

I am feeling rather noodley now, but I will persevere! Yay!

No comments: