Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Fitness Diaries

Not so much happening on the exercise front lately. I blame the following:
  • Grandma died
  • I went off my meds for a week (BAD TENA!)
  • Awful AF
  • Stomach flu
I think that pretty well covers everything for the last 3 weeks. However, I have still managed to walk almost 5 miles a week the last couple weeks (1.5 miles-ish about 3 days a week) and I have also been decently good about calorie tracking. The stomach flu really "helped" more recently, as ejecting all nutrients from your body in the space of 5 hours, and not really gaining any nutrition at all for 2 days as a result is a pretty damn effective way of losing weight. I lost 4 pounds this weekend as a result of that. Fortunately I gained much of that back (I think it was a lot to do with dehydration).

I did weigh myself this morning (since Thursdays seem to be my day for it) and I saw three lovely numbers: 132. I feel great, I've lost 10 pounds since Christmas! Yay me! I may at some point take some pictures and post them (a la Blair with her McFatty Mondays posts). Maybe I'll do that this weekend so it can chronicle the last 12 pounds I want to lose. I am so excited to be almost halfway there! It's a great feeling, really.

I need to really incorporate more protein and fewer carbs in my diet, I'm trying to work on that. So far I've had varying success, especially with the recent "flu" being incompatible with protein. It's a work in progress.

My doctor wants me to have a fasting blood draw to test my cholesterol (which was high last time it was tested, but perhaps that was because I was breastfeeding? I don't know if there's a link, but maybe there is) and also wants me to do a glucose tolerance test. I plan to do those in the next month and then have my "annual" checkup. I hope to lose at least 4 or 5 more pounds before my checkup. I need to get back on the exercise bandwagon though.

Let's see...oh, I've been taking vitamin E (for PMS breast pain) and B6 (for short LP). The E hasn't really worked much yet, I remember it took several cycles last time around to have any noticeable effect. B6 worked amazingly; not only did it lengthen my LP back to 13 days last cycle, it also shortened my FP (follicular phase, the phase before ovulation) to 16ish days instead of 20-something. Very nice. I was terribly nauseous during my entire LP though, perhaps due to increased progesterone due to stronger ovulation? I have no idea. I really hope that's not the case again. It's weird though, since B6 is supposed to help with morning sickness, so I'm not sure why it would have made me have problems with LP nausea.

No comments: