Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grandma Update

After extensive discussion between Mom, Grandma, the surgeon, and many doctors, the following decisions have been made:
1. IV Filter for the clot in her leg, problem solved. No blood thinners to prevent further clots due to the overall frailty of Grandma's health.
2. No treatment for the HH. She can eat a little but not enough to sustain herself indefinitely.
3. Grandma will go home to her assisted living community, and be given hospice care as needed, letting nature and the Universe take it's course.

I think that we're all getting more used to the idea of her going "home" now that the initial shock has worn off, and C and I have agreed that we need to visit her more, as a family, and that she needs to see J as much as possible. I can't recall if I mentioned before, but one of the reasons Grandma cited for wanting to stay around was to watch J and any future great-grandkids grow up. *sigh*

1 comment:

Caeseria said...

I understand the feeling of relief, if you can call it that, once decisions have been made and the shock has worn off. I'll keep praying for her. May her remaining time be comfortable.