Monday, June 29, 2009

My Suburban Garden Grows!

We've had an extremely wet year this year. I am home sick from work, and I figured I may as well take care of my garden a little and it might make me feel better. Well, I feel better mentally. Physically it wore me out. I also refilled J's baby pool so maybe this afternoon if we're all feeling up to it (did I mention that C and J are sick too?) we will go sit in the shade and J can play in the water.Sugarsnap Pea plants, and my birdbath herb garden.

I had to harvest my radishes because they were bolting, and my lettuce was looking pretty sad (in addition to aphid infested) so I decided to rip it out and I will start new seeds there this afternoon or later in the week.

My temporarily naked lettuce spot. I'm not sure that the radishes and carrots mixed so well together, but we'll see. Maybe now that the radishes are gone the carrots will thrive.

My monster tomato plants. I think there are eight of them. About half are Early Girls and the rest are cherry tomatoes.

Lovely zucchini plants!

Sunflowers

Strawberries and bush beans. We got our first strawberry today! It was really yummy! C and I split it, since J wasn't interested.

1 comment:

Caeseria said...

Wow, you have so much planted, and in such a small space, it looks like! I am way, way impressed, I have a huge yard but couldn't get as much dug as I wanted and then didn't get my tomatoes and peppers in until just a couple weeks ago, and still haven't planted my beans.