Monday, February 1, 2010

The Fitness Diaries Update

On the Fitness Diaries front, things are progressing. I've been *terrible* the last two weeks (I place 100% of the blame on PMS, the arrival of my monthly visitor, a sinus infection and it's subsequent vanquishment by antibiotics, and my birthday. Why, no, I don't have a problem with accountability...). I have managed to lose a total of 7 pounds (YAY!) since Christmas, which I think is pretty darn good. I've also lost 2 inches off my waist (and my pants are fitting much better!) as well as 1 inch off my hips. I have not done a damn thing in the way of exercising in the last 2 weeks, but I've managed to stay pretty well on top of my caloric intake and food group goals. Of course I took this weekend off (Friday through Sunday) because Friday I turned 27 (eee!) and I just wanted to let it all go for the weekend.

I really need to just quit making excuses and do my strength training and my cardio. I think jumping rope may be out because it's really high impact and it totally kills my knees. I'm going to try it with knee braces but I'm not terribly optimistic about the outcome. I may just resort to walking up and down our one staircase (to the basement; spooky. Ok, not really).

Ahem. Anyway. Thus begins a new month, and hopefully at least 7 pounds of weightloss this month too. Oh, and did I mention I am back in the "normal" BMI category? YAY!

No comments: