Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dumbo: SO Not a Kid Movie

We got Dumbo from the library for J to enjoy. I loved that movie and wanted him to experience it. So tonight we were watching it, and the kid starts crying (ok, so was I) at the part where Dumbo gets to go see his mama. I hadn't realized he was so sensitive. When Dumbo had to leave his mama J goes "Phant? Mama?" all sad. Then he totally got freaked out by the pink elephants part. I gotta admit, that's pretty creepy even as an adult. Watching this movie from an adult perspective is vastly different from that of a 5 year old. It's a very well done film but there are so many injustices and so on in it that J was picking up on, and he's not really old enough for us to explain everything. I don't think he's ready for it yet.

As a slight aside, J has been working on honing his worried face. It's insanely cute, he wrinkles his little eyebrows together and gets really serious.

No comments: