Monday, October 11, 2010

11 Weeks Update



How Far along: 11 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: -4 pounds. Hmm. And here I thought I was doing better.

Maternity clothes: Pants. Heaven. As long as I fold down the panel, because otherwise it squishes my stomach and makes the nausea worse.

Sleep: Yes, please. The pillow is still mandatory for sleeping. I think at this point I need about 12 hours a night, but if someone (cough *C* cough cough) wakes me up "early" on a weekend, I can't go back to sleep because I have about 5 minutes before I get ravenously hungry and must. eat. now.

Best Moment this week: Surprise ultrasound at my appointment last week. Shockingly, HP didn't cooperate with the doppler, so we had to get an ultrasound. *Darn* I will eventually scan the picture. At this point HP looks a little like a person so that's cool. Oh, and I found out one of my friends from childhood is pregnant too! She's due at the end of May. Very exciting!

Movement: N/A

Gender: I'm still thinking girl. J still says it's his sister. He'll even correct you. If you say "is that a brother in there?" His response will be. "Brother? SISTER!"

Labor signs: N/A

Belly button: In

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: German pancakes, grilled chicken, blueberry bagels with butter. Steak.

What I miss: Red wine. It smells so amazing. Also, sleeping like a normal person.

Stretch Marks: No new ones but my old ones are definitely easier to see as my belly distends. C even commented on how visible they were after my shower a couple days ago.

What is different this time around: Morning sickness is still slowly improving, though Hush Puppy seems to hate Mondays. I have thrown up each of the past three Mondays, but no other days last week. Spreading hips (or maybe they're already spread...). The cravings are totally different. This time they seem to center on meat, versus fruit with J, and with J I had an absolute aversion to meat (it literally made me throw up) until about 20 weeks.

What I am looking forward to this week: The continuing downfall of morning sickness. The weekend. Sleep.

No comments: