Wednesday, October 19, 2011

24 Hours in My Life

I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and wondering how I don't have time to do everything that I want to (including exercise, as mentioned previously). So I thought it might help to write down everything I do in a (typical) work day...

6:30am - Alarm goes off. Snooze alarm, nurse and snuggle baby (this may take until 7:30, depending on how hungry she is and how sleepy I am)

7:15 - shower, get ready, change baby and get both kids dressed, gather everything for the workday (breastpump, book, purse, water bottle, lunch, etc)

8:00 - leave for work (generally end up leaving between 8:15 and 8:30)

9:00 - 5:00 (ish) work - sometimes this is longer or shorter

6:00 - arrive home; if it's my turn to cook, then I cook, but in general we eat between 6 and 7

7-7:30 - Bedtime for baby! If it's a bath night, then bath time for J

8:00-8:30 - Bedtime for J




9:00 - Time to take the dogs out, pump, then work on writing or knitting/other projects or cleaning

10:00 - L wakes up, back asleep again by 10:15...(may nurse, may just want her paci)

10:30 or 11 - Get ready for bed

11:30 - L wakes up again. Say "screw it" and bring her to bed where I fall asleep while she nurses. She wakes to eat some more around 2 something and 5 something. I don't really wake up all the way to roll over and switch the side she's nursing on, but I do wake up some. Although if it's a night like last night, she will end up coming to bed with me at 12:30, and waking up every hour and a half to two hours because she wants to sprawl out and/or eat but doesn't want to be in her own bed.

6:30am: start all over again. This morning L thought it would be fun to play peek-a-boo with Daddy while we were all snuggling. It was pretty damn cute.

On a related note, J started yesterday with a song he made up entitled "Zombie up!" That seems to be the zombie equivalent of "cowboy up" and it works pretty well. With L's sleep schedule (ha!) I sure as hell feel like a zombie.

No comments: