Thursday, October 13, 2011

Food for Thought

Are you female? Go here. Read this. And stop being so darn hard on yourself! (And it doesn't matter if you are a size 6 or 16, the message is more or less the same.)



I was thinking (after having read the post linked above) about my slight frustration with weightloss this time around. I know, I've done well and have lost the baby weight, but I'm still hovering right at 2 pounds below pre-pregnancy weight. I have been clinging to a myth (I guess it's a myth) that I couldn't go running because my supply would tank. Well, that doesn't mean I can't walk, right? Except I haven't been. I haven't got a great excuse, other than that I like sleep, and getting up before 6:30 is not something I enjoy, especially when a certain baby still wakes up a few times a night (even cosleeping, though at least then I don't have to get up to feed her), and that by the time I get home it's 6:00 most nights, then we eat, put kids to bed, and I have time to craft or write or clean, and there we go, it's 11:00 and past my bedtime. Anyway. I should just put on my damn sports bra and RUN. I know the dog(s) would enjoy it, and probably be less of a pill at home. After googling, I found this article about the basics of breastfeeding, specifically nutrition, exercise, and allergy stuff. INTERESTING, let me tell you. Turns out I can exercise while nursing, just go after feeding the kid and watch carefully for clogged ducts.

So...maybe I can do this. I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed with all the stuff I'm trying to do lately- making L a blanket for Christmas (or her birthday), making kids' Halloween costumes (or accessories), making birthday gifts, working on stuff for Etsy, working full time, making pretty sugar (or chocolate) cookies for work and for family parties, in addition to having to get the house ready for Fall (HA! not so much... the dining room is semi-decorated, at least) and do some cleaning and taking care of the dogs and the kids. Oy. I'm tired after just writing that. And did I mention that L *still* isn't sleeping through the night? Maybe we were just spoiled with J, who at this point would sleep in his crib the whole night, waking up maybe once to eat. I've actually brought L back into bed with us because frankly I prefer the extra few minutes of sleep to having her sleep in her crib and me get up every 2-3 hours all night.


No comments: