Monday, January 20, 2014

Currently I am...

appreciating My two beautiful, healthy children.


listening to Pseudopod, episode 369.

tasting Big Red gum. A change from my usual mint that isn't peppermint. 

learning to slow down and breathe and live in the moment, because life chances in a heartbeat. 

noticing the sunshine outside, and the dull throb in the finger I jammed this weekend.

anticipating the arrival of our new range on Wednesday, an evening hosting a friend for dinner, my birthday next week

working at chipping away at the mountain of data in front of me.

making the best of what I have.

watching C play Brutal Legend (because it is the awesomest game EVAR and it's like watching an interactive movie).

accepting that I have no control over most things in the world, and that my daughter will probably continue to request her morning snuggles in my bed for a while yet.

organizing our basement and finances so we can send Dee to preschool in the fall.

planning updates to our house so we can sell it and buy a bigger house with a yard in a year and a half or so. 

loving my family, even when they make me completely crazy.

buying only what we need. It's a re-training thing. I used to be really good at it. 


finishing my second cup of coffee (well, I will be soon, anyway).

embracing the shape of my body.

daring to speak my mind. 

I got the idea for this listy post from Beth Anne. If you haven't read her blog, you should. It's the comfort of a chat with dear old friend at it's finest, but in a blog.

No comments: