Monday, August 30, 2010

5 weeks!


How Far along: 5 weeks!

Total weight gain: We're going with none. It may be 2 pounds, but I am skeptical. 

Maternity clothes: N/A, but C did take me shopping to buy a pair of shorts a few sizes larger than I usually wear (modeled above). They fit me nicely and they are so comfy in the hot weather.

Sleep: Yes, please. All that I can get. *Yawn* I must commend myself for not falling asleep in lab meeting or at my desk (yet)! No baby-gender dreams yet. I can't remember when those started with J, I think it was after my first u/s with him. Interestingly, in all the dreams where he was in utero, he was a girl, but in the dreams where he was born and I actually could see him, he was a boy. These dreams stopped once we had our big ultrasound.

Best Moment this week: Telling my mother-in-law and father-in-law, they are super excited! My mom not so much, but we'll discuss that another time.

Movement: N/A

Gender: I'm still leaning toward girl, but not so heartily.

Labor signs: N/A

Belly button: In

Cravings/Aversions: I'm still a huge fan of meat and salt. And sweet pickles. Ooh, and peanut butter. I was all set to have a peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch, but didn't have peanut butter at work. It was very sad. French fries (and other fried foods) are so last week, though. I did eat a can of green beans mixed with most of a small can of sliced black olives tonight. HEAVEN. Dill pickles are (as usual) a HUGE aversion. Ick. Just smelling them is terrible. Not that I like them anyway, but I'm happy to know that I won't be craving them.

What I miss: Wanting normal food, wanting to be awake, and wanting to drink coffee. Sometimes it sounds good, but unless it's decaf it makes my nausea worse. Boo.

Stretch Marks: No new ones.

What is different this time around: At the moment just the cravings, and the fact that by about 1:00 I have a pretty obvious bump. I did take my belly pic this morning, versus last week's that was taken at night, and you can see the huge difference that the bloat makes over the course of the day.

What I am looking forward to this week: Morning sickness. NOT. Apparently my body has decided that 5 weeks is the magic number. It showed up with J at 5 weeks, and I consider it a small miracle that I haven't tossed my cookies yet today.

No comments: