Monday, February 7, 2011

28 Weeks!




How Far along: 28 weeks, 4 days

Baby size: According to my ticker, she weighs about 2 1/2 pounds.

Total weight gain: +13 pounds (though it's anywhere between 10 and 13, depending on the day)

Maternity clothes: Yep.  

Sleep: Mmmm, sleep. I miss deep, restful sleep though. C actually asked me last night how I can sleep with such a wiggly critter in my belly. I said "Not well." The problem is that most of my sleep seems to be in REM rather than deeper sleep. I am a tired Tena.

Best Moment this week: Getting the kids' room reorganized, and seeing J get so excited about his little sister who "is comin' soon!" according to J.

Movement: Yep :-) All.The.Time.

Gender: GIRL!

Labor signs: None, really, though BH contractions are getting more frequent. Not timeable, but at least one an hour generally.

Belly button: The top is still working it's way out. It's *lovely*. It kind of looks like a mouse nose or something.

Cravings: Donuts and chocolate. And ice cream. And nachos. And just Mexican food in general. Oh, and steak. *drool*

What I miss: Bending over, being able to use my abs/sit up from reclining easily. Feeling like a normal person. Being able to reach things in cabinets/the sink without my belly getting in the way. Carrying J around without my belly protesting. And, as of this weekend, being able to reach the bottom of the washing machine. I guess I no longer get to transfer things to the dryer...darn.

Stretch Marks: More have joined the ranks. And my midwife confirmed that it is, in fact, PUPPS. Fucking hell. Not much to be done about it, I just can't use anything scented *at all* on my belly or it make it worse, including soap. I can use hydrocortisone cream and take benadryl if I can't sleep from the itchies. The benadryl helped a bit, it seemed a little better the next morning. I've gotten some recommendations from a friend though that I'm going to try. This rash is not pretty, and it's spreading. Last week it was about a 2 inch patch on each side of my belly. Now it's about 4 inches on either side. I may post a picture, if I'm feeling like grossing people out. Not here, though.

What is different this time around: Pretty much everything still, including weight gain, cravings, and the scariness of my naked belly.The way this child wiggles instead of punching and kicking; she's got a very different personality than her brother.

What I am looking forward to this week: C's birthday is today, so I'm making cheesecake tonight. MMMmmm. Also, 29 weeks on Thursday. *Gulp*

I also get to go for appointments every 2 weeks now, and I have an ultrasound scheduled for 32 weeks to followup on my low-lying placenta. I wonder if some women just have them more than others? I had it with J too. I'm not even a little worried about it, since they move up, and I get to see my girl on a fancy schmancy ultrasound at the consulting OBs office instead of a cheapo Kaiser one. *happy dance*

No comments: