Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book Review "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer

I read this book as an audiobook. The print version is very striking, and I recommend at least looking at the print version if you are going to read it as an audiobook.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly CloseExtremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a very intense book. There were war stories and terrorist attacks. The perspectives are odd and well developed. Overall this was a very, deeply sad story. The three different readers did a wonderful job of presenting the different people in the book; I especially liked the woman reading as the grandmother. I don't think I will ever read this book again, but I am glad I read it. There were some odd parallels with some other books I'm reading, so that was kind of strange. This was absolutely a more graphic perspective of 9/11 than I'd previously experienced. There were some disturbing and very graphic descriptions of WWII as well, which was also quite hard to hear, especially since they happened to come up while I was eating.



View all my reviews

No comments: