Thursday, May 8, 2014

5 Weeks!

So.. not a baby bump yet, obvs. Just bloat like woah.


How Far along: 5 weeks. Seriously? Holy shit.

Baby size: About the size of an apple seed. 

Total weight gain: 0.8 pounds, but that's not really anything. I weighed that 2 weeks ago.

Maternity clothes: N/A, but this bloat is crazy and I definitely change my clothes as soon as I get home. Pressure on my belly isn't comfortable.

Sleep: I love sleep. Sleep is awesome. Dee has been sleeping all night the last few nights, so it's been nice. 

Best Moment this week: Watching C get happier about this pregnancy, and feeling better about it myself. Also, J asked me on Saturday if maybe we would be a family of 5 like the Berenstain Bears.


Movement: N/A

Gender: I can't imagine anything other than boy. He *feels* like a boy. I'm calling him Dr. Bunsen Honeydew for now (or just Bunsen).

Labor signs: N/A

Belly button: In, and expected to be in for the duration.

Cravings: Lemon curd, lemon drops, lemon bars, lemonade...lemon/lime lotion (not to eat, just to sniff), but if it's actually sour it is not good. Croissants, chai tea.

Aversions: the smell of pizza (ew), the idea of McDonalds (the first time I had nausea related to anything I couldn't actually smell was a McD commercial), and Bunsen does not like pears, or cheese (sad). I also can only do one cup of fully caffeinated coffee per day. If I have a second one in the afternoon it makes me all jittery and queasy. Sweet stuff that isn't lemony isn't very appealing either. Chocolate just doesn't taste right, and I don't really want to eat it.

What I miss: Food sounding good in general, my flat belly that I only had for a few weeks...And wearing the cute bras I literally just bought 3 weeks ago, because my boobs exploded again and now those don't fit.

Stretch Marks: No new ones.

What is different this time around: Still exercising, yay! And the lemon thing. I'm pretty sure I never craved lemon stuff with either kid. I also made it to 5 weeks not puking or feeling really sick, so YAY! So far nausea has been mild at its worst, and I'm hoping it stays that way. Also, when I was doing prenatal yoga last night, I noticed that I was able to do WAY more than when I was pregnant with Dee doing the same video. I am so much stronger and fitter, and I feel so much better about myself and my body!

What I am looking forward to this week: Getting my sample of essential oils that hopefully will assuage nausea/morning sickness when it arrives. More running, I'd like to get 6+ miles in again, and do prenatal yoga at least once in the coming week. 

No comments: