Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sitting and Knitting

I am going to sit on the couch and work on my current knitting project this afternoon, while J is still asleep. Which will hopefully be until 4, since he is also sick and went down late. My current project is to make a blanket, hat, and booties for sister N's twin girls, ideally to be done by April since sister M is going to have a shower for her in April sometime. One set will be purple heathery, one set will be pink (although I haven't bought the pink yet, so i don't know what shade/texture exactly). I am currently working on making the purple blanket, modified from a pattern in a Debbie Bliss book. I've made the hooded blanket for J and for my nephew Ian, and a friend I TA'd with in grad school. I just realized I've only made it for boys...Hmm. Anyway, I am making it on 13 gauge needles and not putting on a hood for the ones for the twins, but they are great and stretchy because the blankets are done in seed stitch, so they are fantastic for swaddling. We use J's (which I actually only finished for his 1st Christmas...) after baths. He likes to play peek-a-boo with the hood. The hats and booties should go pretty fast. I may even experiment with knitting them in the round, which I haven't done before. My sister A gave me a neat gadget for making pompoms for Christmas, I will get to use it on this project!

I will try to update more on any knitting projects I do. Who knows, I may whip out a ton and a half of booties and sell them on Etsy. We'll just have to see!

No comments: