Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Dangers of Grocery Shopping

I managed to seriously hurt my back while shopping for groceries this morning. I just noticed about halfway through the trip that my back was starting to hurt, and by the time I got home I was almost in tears from the pain. I called in sick to work, called my stepdad (he's a chiropractor, and will henceforth be referred to as SD) who is currently working out of the house as his office is moving. 30 minutes of work later and I felt somewhat better. C drove me back home where I've been sitting on the couch, alternating hot and cold on my back for the last few hours. I still can't twist at all to either side and I am really contemplating taking advantage of working with a number of MDs...*sigh* What's the fun in a sick day when you're in too much pain to do anything?! I really hope I feel better tomorrow, since I have 3 things that I have to take care of tomorrow at work. Ugh. Stupid back. Who the heck hurts themselves GROCERY SHOPPING?! I wasn't even buying anything remotely heavy! And I don't remember any moments of "hey, wow, that hurt..."

In other news, J now says "Look!" Of course, it comes out more as "Yook" but it's so damn cute I won't complain. He also is really into dogs today- pointing at them, saying dog, and waving hello. Neice Kaitlyn gave J a little Pooh Bear yesterday because she just had to give him one of her toys, and he's been hugging it and carrying it (well, dragging it...) around with him since he got it home. He really likes that bear!

Now, off to find a number for one of my Dr. friends...

No comments: