Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day! And Misadventures in Dieting

Well, so it wasn't really a snow day. On Tuesday night, I did the entire Ab workout from the Knot. 10 reps each, but I did the whole pyramid! Yay me!

Yesterday:

No "exercise" per se, but we did get to make whoopie, which is also on my to-do list. :-D

I made cookies as a thank you for the neighbor and her friend who *very* kindly watched J this morning, and would not accept payment. He had a blast with the neighbor's 4 year old Aiden and absolutely loved Megan (the friend); all the adults involved have daycare experience and it looks like Megan will be a potential weekday morning babysitter for us when we need one! Yay!! She's absolutely great and J actually wanted to go back to her after C went to pick him up. Silly toddler baby!

I ate a fair number of the cookies we had left, but I don't really feel guilty about that, more disappointed in myself for not having more restraint. But when there's a blizzard roaring outside, I want comfort foods! And we don't have any hot cocoa, and cookies with coffee are a decent substitute. It's not like I do this all the time. Usually. *sigh* I am not anticipating having any more baking opportunities in the next week or so, so that should help a lot. I am going to do the ab workout tonight during Hell's Kitchen (LOVE that show!!) and then yoga afterward.

So, onto the snow. We've had a very blizzardy kind of day here in the Denver area...at one point they were estimating that we'd get about 18 inches. I think we've got about a foot at my house. J thinks it's pretty cool, though he hasn't actually been out in it yet because it was really windy. Tomorrow, if I get a snow day from work (which I am hoping for, but not looking too likely at this point) or maybe tomorrow after I get home I will take him out to experience snow, and I hopefully will get lots of cute pictures. The dogs are, of course, thrilled, because it's snow, and for two dogs that hate being cold and wet they really, really love the snow. Athena ran around like a complete idiot making figure 8 patterns all over the common yard area. MacGuyver just sort of jumped around a lot, but mainly stayed in my trail because he is lower to the ground and had trouble "swimming" in the snow. I got a picture of the snow that worked its way between our front door and the screen door (which currenly has glass and no screen parts), piled up on the doorknob and everything.

Also, here's a picture of the remains of Neith's web, made into art by the snow.I have even more admiration for her now, seeing how very strong her web is in the face of all the wind and snow.

I have finished listening to Anne of Green Gables and Coraline (boy was THAT a creepy book...) today, and am still working on the other books I'm reading.

I am definitely in a better headspace than I was yesterday. I've started (well, as of today) eating lunch with the clinic side of the lab, with whom I work more closely anyway. I just seem to "sync" better with them.

That was enough rambling for one night.

No comments: