Wednesday, March 4, 2009

T-Shirt Quilt

I had this great idea to use all those novelty T-shirts that I've gotten over the years to make a quilt. Not just any quilt, but a quilt that will come along on road trips to keep us cozy around the campfire, or in the car. I have a shirt my dad made me when I was 15 (he made one for each of us) that has pictures on the front and back of us completing our "National Treasures Tour." That trip, he taught me how to drive...there was an incident with purple flowers at Craters of the Moon that I'd rather not discuss. We visited Yellowstone, Craters of the Moon, Westport, WA, and pretty much every major (and some more minor) natural treasure between Colorado and the Washington coast. That shirt will definitely be a part of this quilt. So will the one I have from band camp the summer I met C. I have one from the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, one from Seattle, and I have one from San Francisco. All of these will be part of the quilt, and I will leave blank squares for the addition of shirts purchased on later family trips.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I love this idea. Mind if I borrow it?

Tena said...

Go right ahead! :-)