Friday, April 10, 2009

My Little Toddler

J is technically a toddler, I suppose, although he isn't walking quite yet. His latest venture is "walking" on his knees from room to room so he can carry things (today's item is a blue basket from the dollar store, which may or may not have anything in it but must be carried "just so"). This child cracks me up. I took the day off from work today and he had his 15 month checkup.

The stats:
30.5" tall (40-45ish %ile)
23#, 10.5oz (40-45ish %ile)
49.1cm head circumference (95th %ile!!)

He's definitely growing! He's also started throwing little tantrums that last all of about 30 seconds when he can't get his way. In general, though, J is a very happy, easygoing child.

His current words are: Mama, Dada, dog, bird (sounds like an intermediate of bood and bud, and I cannot replicate it for anything), fish (=isshhh), look (with a silent "k"), nyumnyumnyum for food, and occasionally he'll say "hello" instead of waving.

No comments: