Friday, May 1, 2009

Adventures in the Real World

This post is about my boob. If you don't wanna know, well, quit reading.

Wednesday night, my left breast began to hurt. I thought it was a plugged duct, which I've had before, but easy to resolve, nursed J on that side and went to bed without further thought. Yesterday my breast felt worse, but I nursed J on the left before the right, again, and then hopped on a plane to go to Chicago for a training session. Return trip was that night. My breast was really hurting, feeling swollen and hot when I returned home, but again I nursed J on that side all 3 times he woke up last night. Nursing has become painful on that side.

This morning I spent 5 minutes in the shower massaging my breast, expressing the milk until I got the clog out the best I could. There was no clog, but there was a thick, yellow, pudding-like substance- pus.

Looks like my old buddy mastitis decided to come back for a visit. I don't get fevers when I get mastitis, but this explains why my temps are elevated in the absence of ovulation, after my cold had resolved.

I really hope this goes away. I am going to be doping up on Vitamin C and D, and taking a hot shower and nursing as much as I can. Apparently the pus isn't bad for J, it just grosses me out.

Blech.

No comments: