Friday, May 8, 2009

Never, Never Shake a Baby

There is a baby on the Nest/Bump who was shaken on April 20th by his daycare provider. His parents have set up a blog, Noah's Road, with more information. This little boy is coming home just in time for Mother's day, but he has a very long road to recovery ahead of him. I realize that I don't exactly have a big readership, but please, pray for this family.

I have said in the past that I am not religious, which is true. I do, however, believe in the power of positive prayer and I, too, will be praying for them in my own way.

Noah's story is so very tragic. To think that this could happen to J breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes. One day, you have a happy, healthy child- the next, they are clinging to life. Babies may be hard to break (according to our pediatrician) but they are not unbreakable.

Please, please hug your babies, no matter how old they are, and make sure everyone that cares for them knows that they should never, ever shake a baby.

No comments: