Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Saturday!

We went down to the Springs for a birthday party for my nephew Nick today. It was nice to see everyone (ok, not everyone, but it included SIL R, SIL D, BIL W, BIL D, W's brother Ron, all of their respective children plus Ian, and of course MIL and FIL ) and J had a blast. There were two other toddlers there, Ian and Cole. Ian is J's cousin, Cole is a cousin of a cousin so not actually related to J, though he is closer to J's age. Cole is one of the worst kids I've ever met. Seriously. I think he threw 4 tantrums in a 2 hour period, and he's only 18 months old! I blame his parents completely. I have vented about them in the past and won't get into it here. Suffice it to say that Cole and J are about as opposite in behavior as two toddlers can get.

Anyway, I was getting Ian (age 2 1/2) out of the booster seat, and I felt the familiar vibrations of kid farts on my arm. I asked him if he just farted on me, and he said "No, I just rumbled in my diaper." I about died laughing. The things kids say!

J had a great time, and had fun playing with Ian and eating some hotdog (cut up, of course). After the previous chirping incident we felt it best not to give J any birthday cake, but I don't think he really cared. He was showing off his mad walking skills to his aunts and uncles and talking on the Elmo phone that lives at Grandma's (MIL's) house.

J's current words (meaning words that he is currently using regularly, by no means the complete list of words he knows): Mama, Dada, dog/dogs, look, dat (that), watch (or what, we're not really sure which he means), numanum (food), tup (cup), ish (fish), banana, hat, shoes (sooozsh), sock (shok), and hi.

I think that's all his words for now. He has also said "Dog soozsh?" to ask either if MacGuyver was wearing shoes or if he should be wearing shoes, I'm not sure which. He said "Dog hat" yesterday while putting his hat on Athena. She was patient but not very amused.

No comments: