Thursday, May 14, 2009

That's Better

Today has been much better than yesterday. J and I went for a walk with the dogs (neither of whom were sick last night, fortunately!) and had a nice morning at home. I went to lunch with my coworkers (the nice ones) and we got Thai food. Yum! It's a lovely day, J and I cuddled this morning, I have been productive and organized. Plus I am wearing a skirt. I always feel so feminine and lovely and happy when I wear skirts or dresses. It just usually isn't practical to wear them to work (what with the whole being in a lab thing, and all). I really ought to make myself some more skirts, but I lack the material.

I have noticed that J is beginning to look like a little boy. When he's nursing (which he now calls mehmeh, his word for milk) he looks like a small boy, not like a baby anymore. He has this wonderful devious grin when he's pleased with himself that absolutely is the grin of a small boy rather than that of an infant. His vocabulary and skills seem to be increasing by the minute. I don't know how far above average he is, but he's definitely up there. I know, I know, everyone thinks their baby is super smart, but it's not just C and I that have noticed that J seems sort of special. MIL (used to work in a daycare) and friends of ours have also commented that he seems very smart for such a young toddler. On a more average note, J has also just suddenly begun using a spoon at meals to eat his applesauce. He refuses to let C or I feed him any more. He also brushes his teeth and only lets me help a little to direct him. He *has* to do the actual brushing himself. Picky boy!

No comments: