Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My second Mother's Day as a mother. Wow. Two years ago on Mother's Day, C and I were the only people in the world who knew I was pregnant. We found out I was pregnant on May 9th, 2007, and Mother's Day was the following weekend. We had a birthday party for my nephew Nick the day before, as always, and naturally someone asked when C and I would have kids. We just smiled and said "eventually."

This morning, J and C woke me up with cards and the movie Chocolat. Apparently, when C asked J what they should get me for Mother's Day J said "Numanums." So my gifts are all chocolate themed! I am getting fancy chocolates from a chocolatier near our house in addition to the movie (C just hasn't had a chance to pick them up yet). After I dropped C off at work, J and I went to get the oil changed and then we went to see my grandmother. We brought her some flowers and a card, as well as a "picture" J made for her. It was pretty depressing to visit her. First of all, she's so deaf it's almost impossible to talk to her. J also thought it would be nice to throw a crying fit the whole time we were there, so I ended up only staying like 15 minutes because I didn't want to disturb the other residents. Grandma was so glad to see us, it really made me aware of how lonely she is there. She just laid in bed the whole time and stared at the window, looking really melancholy. J, who has recently decided to discover fear, was also afraid of my grandmother. *sigh*

We went up to my mom's house for "brunch" at 2:00, which was great. The food was great, and my family was mellow and not crazy. J thinks my brother Goose (not his real name, I used to call him Goose when he was little) is just hilarious. They had a great time playing this afternoon.

This evening I actually accomplished some stuff! I fixed the velcro on one diaper, and I fixed little things on two of my shirts and on some of J's pjs. I also washed diapers. Now, off to bed!

Happy Mother's Day to every mother out there!

No comments: